Thursday 20 April 2017

Development of ideas

Album- back cover
This was the first draft for my back cover. To improve on it I should incorperate some red in the writing, and remove the grey strips either side. I could also change the album title at the top to Bloodstream or something else.

Album- front cover
The first draft of the front cover looks good because the photo is crips, and the monotone colours work well, and create tones and shadows. However the red headings could be changed to either black or white, to match the monotone style, and the red makes it look low quality. I could also change the album title, so that it relates to all the reflection motifs, to make it more coherent.



album- front cover
The initial look of my idea for my album cover. I constructed it by removing the image from the mirror, and reconstructing it, using a different image. I improved this first image by flipping the image of me inside the mirror, because the way it should reflect isn't correct there. I also made the colour inside the mirror lighter, because the grey made it look too dark and made the subject inside the mirror lack focus, as it needed a brighter background. 





For the sides of the album cover, the first drafts were successful and need little improvement. They were simple to create because i could use the image from the font cover and just replace the image from the inside of the mirror for a different photograph. However these panels need to include some text, and look more busy, therefore i will add song lyrics, from the song Bloodstream, to the corners of these panels. 
The first draft for the magazine advert also worked well as the image is eye-catching and constructs surrealist metaphors. Also there is relevant text, however the layout doesn't make it look overcrowded. To improve the first draft I could include a pack shot of the album cover, and make the red lines on the road more clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment